A Thought Stream Exposed

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Last week, I assisted to a gathering of transhumanists in downtown Montreal. It was my first non-virtual chatting session with real-life transhumanists. It spurred some interesting discusions and it was always entertaining mostly because Justice (the group organizer) is a very talented speaker. I really had a good time and will definitely be back next month.

Ben, one of the people there asked if he could interview some of us for his thesis about transhumanism. He did interview me, the whole thing lasted about an hour. I have to admit that some questions were difficult for me to answer on the spot. For example, "Why do you think nanotechnology will actually happen in the 21st century?" Well I wasn't sure what to answer. I just threw up some nonesense. It was an interesting experience though, and it definitely made me want to improve my oral-presentation abilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home